Thursday, April 26, 2012

Adrenal fatigue affecting many runners, even me!

Hi am new to blogging and have many questions for the world! I am currently a runner and have been set back a little due to what i think is adrenal fatigue. Here is my story.
For the past year or so I have been suffering symptoms that lead me to believe I have adrenal fatigue. About two years ago I noticed that my legs/ankles were a little puffy and red after running. I am a runner and I thought that it was kind of strange. I ignored it for a little more than a year and then it suddenly spread to my whole body about five months ago. I woke up swollen everywhere. Ever since then I have had hot flashes where I will be sitting tin class and out of o where my body feels like it’s on fire and I sweat a ton. I also feel tired all the time and am not able to run anymore. Any type of working out makes the symptoms worse. I have been to the doctor so many times and am told that I am perfect. I know I am not perfect. They have done every test in the world. I recently went to a homeopathic doctor that told me I have adrenal fatigue. I was given herbs and things to take and have been eating a perfect diet; only fruits and vegetables, no dairy or gluten or sugar. I don't know what to do anymore so if anyone has any ideas of what it could be that would be a great help to me.

8 comments:

  1. this sounds like thyroid. have you checked your tyroid yet?also lymes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have had my doctor check my thyroid and everything comes back normal. I was also checked for Lyme and that also came back normal. Thanks for the ideas though! I’ll keep looking into it

      Delete
  2. I had lymes and had many of the same syptoms.get that checked out for sure. a lot of the time it does not show up as lymes so get it checket more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you considered Mononucleosis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know exactly what that is but I’ll do some research and see if it could be what is causing the symptoms.

      Delete
    2. Oh it’s the kissing disease. Duh! Ok yea I have had three different test on that and all of them came back negative.

      Delete
    3. Just updating everyone... After 8 months of not knowing what I had I was diagnosed with Lyme disease... I am now undergoing treatment. My email is footballjoe1414@gmail.com if anyone has any questions!

      Delete